Friday 8 July 2011

Day 2: Mermaids

 Who would have thought being an intern would entail spending the morning at Fort Young Hotel surrounded by models dressed as Mermaids? I think I struck gold with this position. Hopefully I'll be sent on errands like this more often. The job in question was to take pictures for the opening of Dive Fest. While I managed to get pictures of sponsors and speakers, something else caught my eye. As you can see from the picture below, there were more interesting things than speeches. I still managed to do my job and although I was able to capture a few more shots of the girls I only included one as I felt it captured the true elegance of the Merpeople (There was a Scuba Minstrel Cowboy as well; right).Somehow,I think it's going to be a very good Dive Fest indeed.

Apart from mermaids, I find myself quite enjoying this job regardless of whether I'm in the field or the office. From collecting cheques to putting up my own website (hopefully); I'm starting to think Web Design might be a future career for me.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the quote on your resume. I would hire you just on that :-)

    ReplyDelete